Working for Specialty Technical Publishers
Job Title: Junior .Net Developer - Position Filled
Reports to: IT Manager
Specialty Technical Publishers is one of North America’s premier publishers of comprehensive technical resource guides in the areas of environmental, health and safety, transportation, accounting, and business practices, standards and laws.
STP publications are designed specifically for compliance and audit managers, professionals, and business leaders who want practical interpretation and application of rules and regulations in the North American and international arenas.
We are looking for:
A Junior .NET Web Developer who will be a key member of STP’s IT Department. This role is responsible for building customer facing web applications, integrating and support restful API sets, and responsive web projects. The role also supports the continuous integration processes of content into existing web portal as well as delivery into partner enterprise systems. The role also requires building new application features to our existing online portal and additional programming projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Restful API implementation and advising client-side logic.
- You bring your experiences and expertise, demonstrating your capability to deliver successful solutions that are on-premise and cloud based.
- Web application implementation of additional functionality to existing online portal.
- Actively participate in the quality assurance testing of publication delivery process.
- Have good business acumen and a sharp technical perspective and understanding of how the technical work affects bottom line.
- Perform quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with programmers.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals.
How to Apply:
- 2 -3 + years of experience delivering enterprise level web applications.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or Masters level preferred.
- Experience creating optimized, efficient web applications using Microsoft technologies, such as ASP.NET, C#, AJAX.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Strong design Skills and ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Good communication skills, able to bring forward a vision or opinion.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Working at STP:
At STP, we pride ourselves in making this a great place to work. Our focus is on work/life balance and our people and the culture reflect that. Our work environment is on the North Shore with a relaxed west coast pace and emphasis on doing things right the first time.